cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
jam10
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

boot failed

HP Recommended
hp plotter designjet 5500ps

I have a potter designjet 5500ps idicating erro of boot fail after changing main board and hdd drive, please give the solutions.

4 REPLIES 4
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I doubt there are any "New" main pca or hard disks left out there so what you used for replacement were probably used parts which may have had an issue. That said you may want to check the 12V line on the power supply since that voltage is only used for the hard disk and I have seen where that line has failed.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
styloid
Level 3
84 51 1 7
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you have more infomation?

Error code  ?

% it fails at ?

how long after powering on does the machine stop booting

Do both the fans power up ? 

Kind regards 

Peter

jam10
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks,thats meaning may be the guy who is selling hard disk for me he can be selling bad part for me, because i am buying a second hand hdd?

styloid
Level 3
84 51 1 7
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 

The disk error can be caused by 2 things thePSU and the drive

So if the disk has not cured it you should consider t he power supply

There are plenty about. LPS ion the states and Repairjet in the UK will have te product but there as loads on ebay

Kindregards 

P

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation