Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
designjet t790

Bougth new cartrides and the printer is accepting all but MK/Y. What can i do? Is there some trick to get it to accept the new?

I had cartrides that was out of date but new that it didnt accept at all. So bougth new ones and thougt it would work.

Thanks a lot Mona

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Check this out:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03834161

go to step 3. with cleaning cartridge contacts and the ISS..

HP Recommended

Just to clarify, you are talking about the ink cartridges or the printheads? I ask because the cartridges are single colors and the printheads handle two colors each. As indicated by other poster, the contacts in the carriage might be dirty, it is easy for ink to contaminate the contacts. If they cannot be cleaned with a dry cotton swab, then you will need to power off the unit and use  a cotton swab dampened with water to clean any excess ink. If the problem persists it might be an issue with the printhead PCA or the contacts may be damaged and require replacement.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.