cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
SoCalGuy
Level 3
33 30 0 6
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

clogged printhead for Officejet 7610

HP Recommended
officejet 7610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printhead on this printer easily clogs.  Worse, HP has a POLICY of making it IMPOSSIBLE to replace the printhead.  They claim the printhead is not replaceable.  Of course, that's not really true.  The entire printhead assembly can actually be purchased brand new online from Alibaba from several suppliers for under $50 and it's quite easy to replace.  One can even find online videos showing how to do that.  Of course, that's only of interest if the product is out of warranty.  

My printer had a bad magenta head from the start.  It would sometimes print; sometimes not.  I should have returned it under warranty, but then I would have been without a printer that I needed and I just hoped it would eventually clear.  It hasn't and now I'm past the warranty. 

HP will happily sell me a new printer.  Why would any intelligent consumer purchase another HP printer after having this experience and having discovered that this printer was actually designed to make it impossible for a USER to replace the printhead!  Printheads DO wear out, even if they are not failed due to clogging.  Every other HP printer I've had had a replaceable printhead.  Any future printer I buy will have a replaceable printhead, replaceable by the user.  To expect the user to return the product under warranty instead of replacing the defective PART by the user under warranty is a senseless policy. 

4 REPLIES 4
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,690 7,667 428 607
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @SoCalGuy,

Thank you for your reply, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
SoCalGuy
Author
Level 3
33 30 0 6
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I appreciate your post. I would not normally post such a negative message, but in my view HP invited that harsh criticism by: (1) designing a printer for which the user cannot replace the printhead; (2) not making it evident in the product description that this is the case so buyers could be aware in advance; (3) inviting me to purchase a NEW printer when I finally reached a tech support person, instead of addressing my firm and very clear request for instructions on how to purchase a replacement printhead from HP.

I’ve discovered that I’m not the only buyer of this printer frustrated by HP’s design and policy on this matter. I expected much better from HP.
cosmic_girl
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So, do I have to quit? Is the printhead not removable or did you find some way to remove it?

kevin-t
Retired
Retired
20,511 15,611 325 972
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation