Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
iMac
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I constantly am struggling to achieve accurate color management on my T520 printer. I am sending files from my iMac 27" computer. Printed files colors tend to be darker and not pop, blacks are not true black. I've updated print drivers, firmware and also updated my iMac. Files are sent using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Does the software you are printing from allow the command "Print using profile"?   Every ink, paper and printer uses a specific profile but sadly not all software uses them.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I resolved part of the issue. Apple print drivers will override HP and install the airprint driver. That was part of my problem. I had to install the driver from HP without airprint. This also allows me to override Colorsync now and allow the printer to handle color output. I've also calibrated my monitor already, but my colors are still printing darker than they should be. Also blacks are not yet printing dark black yet.

Any other thoughts out there?

HP Recommended

You use the phrase " allow the printer to handle color output.". You need to use "application manages color"  .You must print from a printing application such as Lightroom, Photoshop or Qimage to see this option. . Some applications don't offer this choice, Paintshop pro. for example.

The application will then use a suitable profile,

Read this for how to do it: https://innovaart.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Printing-With-ICC-Profiles.pdf

HP Recommended

I do print directly from Photoshop and Illustrator. I've read other sites on my issue and they seem to say to let the printer handle the color.  Thanks for the link.  I will read it and try it out!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.