cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Baroje
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

custom paper size migration

HP Recommended
DeskJet T120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it possible to migrate custom paper sizes between computers?

At the moment I am running Win10 OS with DeskJet T120 installed as a network plotter. I am using AutoCAD with tons of different custom paper sizes setups.

At the same time I am installing new comuputer that I intend to start usinin few days (WIN10 OS again).

I have a problem migrating custom paper sizes setup to new computer!

I tried everything that I could think of and that I could find on the internet.

Can you help?

4 REPLIES 4
rasheddul
Level 7
634 609 35 85
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use basic PCL3 driver and reinstall the printer, after that lets try as yoour requirement size. If you face any problem, please share.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-t520-printer-series/5263079

Regards,

Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
D Hook
Level 7
871 818 36 100
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried posting the problem on the Autodesk forum?

I don't know of any way to migrate the custom paper sizes from one machine to another.  But I can see why you'd want to.  I don't suppose the AutoCAD program is loaded on a server or the cloud or something like that?  I see the printer is networked, right?  Unfortunately, the custom paper sizes isn't stored on the printer, just the computer, AFAIK.  So the custom paper sizes won't follow you when you load the program on your new computer.

How many are we talking here?  Maybe you could have the old computer and new computer both running side by side so at least you have the old one to reference while setting up the paper sizes on the new?

Baroje
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. Thansks for your observations.

I did manage to transfer custom paper sizes. They are not stored in AUTOCad but in printer.

However there was no other way to do it but to play with registry.

I basically extracted piece of registry related to printer from original machine and merge it with registry on the other machine.

I am seeing all custom paper sizes on second machine.

D Hook
Level 7
871 818 36 100
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Glad you got it figured out.:smileyhappy:

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation