cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Eldergem
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

custom paper sizes

HP Recommended
T3500ps
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

created custom paper size to fit local municipaly requirments. Have several now with same name but different sizes. I can not delete any of them, the only option is save

5 REPLIES 5
ABDIRAHAMAN
4 2 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Eldergem?

have you tried deleting them from the documents tab?

It would also be convenient for the understanding of the members in this forum to point ou which program is this issue at.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Eldergem
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when i go to my printers/printer prefferences - under paper options. We use autocad to produce drawing to be sent to this plotter,

Giridhar1
Level 1
Level 1
6 6 0 1
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for using the HP forum.

Error : Not able to Delet Custom size

Problem Description: Customer size media profile is not able to delet

The possible cause could be:

Corrective Action: Driver Uninstall & reinstall

There is two thing in this.
1. We can able to creat customer size in printer server on Printer and drivers.
This will be in server or system you can creat or delet. This will depends on model to model.
2. We can creat custome size wile giving print we can creat 10 Custom size
If we want to creat 11th one 1st one will delet automatically.

If you want to clear all the custom size than we need to uninstall and reinstall driver.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

We saved this conversation. You'll see it soon in the Conversations tab in Skype for Business and in the Conversation History folder in Outlook.

Vijay_C
Level 3
Level 3
35 35 2 2
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Custome  size creation using the Printer driver :

Use the Windows printer driver

Select the Paper/Quality tab.

Press the Custom button.

Enter the name and dimensions of your new paper size.

Press OK. The new paper size is automatically selected.

A custom paper size created in this way has the following characteristics:

The paper size is permanent. It will not disappear if the driver is closed or the computer is turned off.

The paper size is local to the printer queue. It will not be seen from other printer queues in the same computer.

In Domain server networks, the paper size is local to the computer. It will not be seen from other computers sharing the printer queue.

In Workgroup networks, the paper size will be shared among all the computers sharing the printer queue.

If the printer queue is deleted, the paper size is deleted with it.

IF keep creating additional sizes, the first one will keep clearing off the queue, max limitation is not confirmed but could reach upto 30 in some drivers.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Eldergem
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Our IT guys removed and reistalled the drivers on the server and my computer, this did not remove the custom sizes. They are deffinetly on my computer, check on others and they could not be seen. Does any one know the specific file(s) to remove to fix this problem?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation