cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

cut line by the tiny wheel on Z3100 44"

HP Recommended

Today I encountered a new problem which printed photo was scratched or cut  a line across photo, about 9" to the side.

So I chased the problem to the metal bar which under has many tiny metal wheels to hold down / move media.

Maybe one of the wheel not move smooth & cut the line.

I took it out & cleaned carefully with wd40 & hoping could smooth.... no luck.

Found one of the wheel not moving smoothly which cut the line...

I can swap the whole bar with a broken Z3100 I have... but wondering anyone on the site had replaced only part of

it , or suggestion ?

see photo for reference.see       vertical line      in the middle, not the horizonral white line.see vertical line in the middle, not the horizonral white line.

1 REPLY 1
jasonmiamifl
Author
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem solved... I took the whole piece metal bar out & checked with my camera 2x loup & saw a tiny plastic to hold the 

tiny spring broke off & tiny wheel could not move smoothly & scratch the paper went thru..

I simply took off stuck wheel out ...anyway there were so many ... The tiny wheels easily got damage by jamming paper &

they broke off easy.

to replace the whole tiny retangler piece with wheels, the far end has half round metal clip & I used a

small wire cutter to pull it off.    then those retangular modules with 2 set of wheels slide out 1 by 1 ..

I also found why I always have trouble to load medias & carriage box hit the media cornner, because

the first set of wheels were disappeared & the printer could not forward media properly & carriage box

always hit the corner of rolls...

Now I used the inner 2 sets for the beginning & all working fine... no more scratch line & loading media fine.

Today I learned another lesson.. hope my post will help someone to solve the problem....

More problems I encountered & more I can learn...hehe.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation