cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Yonubear
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

designjet 4500 scanner without touchscreen

HP Recommended
designjet 4500 scanner
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

ok this is a very stupid question but is it possible to operate a designjet 4500 scanner without the onboard touchscreen is is possible to connect the unit directly to normal PC

Thanks

Reg

3 REPLIES 3
Vijay_C
Level 3
Level 3
35 35 2 2
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi , The designjet 4500 has a touch screen which communicates to the actual HD scanner.

The scanner does not hold any options on it and you will not be ale to select settings and other options on the scanner alone.  Touch screen monitor is meant for communicatiing and selecting features, it holds the software for the scanner hardware which controls all the communication part of the scanner.  without touch screen you will not be able to operate the scanner , no setting selections like resolution and file format can be accessed, mainly cannot perform scanner calibrations and if require any camera alignments. 

In all Scanner cannot be used stand alone or can be used connecting to any other normal PC.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Yonubear
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ok not being able to use it atall without the touchscreen makes sense but if i read that right it should be possible to connect it to a normal PC where would i find the software is it avalible from HP?

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yesterday. I just repaired a dead DJ4500 scanner with a Lenovo T61 laptop & it is working flawlessly. T61 has a build in firewire port.

The original touch screen has IDE HD... you can remove it. then find a PC with intel core 2 duo processor, a PCI firewire port. ... it will work fine with a mouse. do not use newer processors, might not work & get a blue screen when boot up/

It has Windows runtime & no need to partition or Windows installation etc.

Myself using a Lenovo T61 laptop with DJ4500 scanner all the time. I clone it to a sata hd... these hd are not encrypted

& can use hd clone softwares. myself use Maxblast by Seagate/Maxtor.

If you know how .... clone another  HD for backup.

good luck

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation