cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
parnell1985_-
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

designjet 500

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need drivers for the designjet 500. I am using windows 10 and have attempted to download from the hp site and having no luck. Where can i get the drivers since HP doesnt seem to have the drivers for their products?

3 REPLIES 3
SHThompson
Level 12
3,729 3,657 305 673
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I was looking up some information regarding a design jet 500 that someone wants me to repair and saw the machine was manufactured in 2001.

There is a point where a machine is way past end of life and there is no more driver support.

I might try a driver for a different operating system and run it in compatibility mode.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
DixonMarshall
Level 2
16 14 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The most recent FIRMWARE is located in the XP section of this link, both 32 and 64 bit installation files. To get the Windows 10 DRIVER, change your operating system selection to Windows 10, 32 or 64 bit as needed.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-500-printer-series/25301

I'm using Windows 10 Preview, which is the next version after the creators update. The old 500 still works perfectly under this beta operating system.

DixonMarshall
Level 2
16 14 0 2
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is still support for these old printers. There are an unbelievable amount of them out there, and HP still sells a phenominal amount of ink and printheads. I imagine that this is why these old workhorses are still supported; there is still a lot of profit to be made from them. For instance, I just bought $600 worth of ink and 4 new print heads for $250. The 500-800 series are serious, solid workhorses. You'll have to pry mine from my dead fingers 🙂

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation