cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
ALDOMATIC
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

designjet 5000 printer and Required Visits From HP engineers

HP Recommended
Designjet 5000PS dye
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

It may be impossible for me to mantain this printer if HP designed it to be impossible for me to do so.  

I am a repair technition. I am familiar with large format printers.   I understand the HP my not support this printer pr they may charge me more than what it cost for a new one to fix it if I am not given the same information that they possess. 

I am reading this service manual and it states that some problems require a person to come from HP   I live in a remote mountins of wyoming so I cant in any way afford to fly in someone from HP.   So my question is this  does HP make it impossible to keep this printer maintained wituout their assistance ? 

2 REPLIES 2
D Hook
Level 7
873 820 36 100
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there some problem you're having with the printer you can't solve?

Parts are still readily available for these printers.

Not sure what part of the printer would need to have an on-site tech come out to repair.  Can you be more specific?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ALDOMATIC
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It appears I can fix this myself from the research I did.  I dont have the printer here yet 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation