cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
kcalcagno
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

designjet 5500 generates two files in spool and won't print either

HP Recommended
Designjet 5500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When you generate a print job, the printer shows two files in the spool queue and then after a minute spits out an error that it cannot print. I've tried rebooting everything, clearing the spool, updating the driver, clicking the suggested items in the troubleshooting box under the services tab. I've tried a bunch of different files from PDFs, text, etc. and from multiple computers that usually use this printer, and none of them work.  Help!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

which indicated printer driver was not install properly or port is not working etc etc.

Make sure you have the correct version driver for your os & reinstall & see what happen.

Go to printer property & make sure that printer is online..... if offline.... wrong... repeat top steps...

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
kcalcagno
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I already reinstalled the driver and firmware. Printer is online and accepts the job...it just reports back an error. I'll check the port.

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

check if there are more than one same printer.... if yes, remove it...  do a test print .

Do you use lpt1 or network ?   network , I never set it up that way. But I had DJ5500 before with lpt1 connection.

Make sure port is seup   bi directional..

By the way, David Zuts is the expert on that model printer & he gave me lots of helps before. I had not touch that

dj5500 more than 10 years now.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation