Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
designjet 800
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi to all,

the harddisk of my designjet 800 was broken. I sostituted it but now I need of an old version of firmware: A.02.04

I'm not able to find it. May you help me?

Marco

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi Marco,

You can download A.02.04 from HP but you need to choose Windows XP as an operating system. If you choose later than a WIN XP OS the older firmware version is not available

https://support.hp.com/hr-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-800-printer-series/25302 

A04.02..jpg

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot.

The correct firmware version is A.02.04 and not A.04.02.

I'm going to try to install the A.04.02 and I hope in a miracle.

🙂 

HP Recommended

I have in my archive A.02.08. from 2003. and A.02.10 from 2004. if they can help you I can upload them. You will probably need a WIN 98 machine to run those.

I don't understand why you need to use A.02.04. that is like 19th-century firmware.  

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

When I try to install the new version of firmware, the software display this message:

" Firmware A.05.01 is going to be copied to connected on USB porto. 

Warning. Check that installed firmware version is A.02.06 or newer before proceeding further. Contact HP support if printer firmware version in lower than A.02.06"

I contacted HP support but said to me they have not the old version of firmware.

HP Recommended

What is your current firmware version installed on your printer?

You can print a configuration report from the printers menu and check it should be on the first page.

You can't install firmware A.05.01 if your current printer firmware is lower than A.02.06.  you need to instal A.04.02 first then A.05.01

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

The current printer firmware is A.02.04.

MarcoBonecher_0-1595424022446.png

HP Recommended

I cannot read anythings on the plotter pannel because the old hard disk doesn't work.

HP Recommended

You need to get your printer to Ready, not sure that the firmware will work if the printer doesn't work.

When uploading firmware you need to follow instructions on the printers screen to unplug the printer from power when performing firmware.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.