Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Recently I have a Designjet Z3200 44" with error 01.0:10 & carriage box did not move at all.

I replaced with new trailing cable & nothing.... google this error code & no hints.

Printer was working beautifuly & flawlessly.  then miday I saw the red led & that was the end.

mainboard ?    formatter works...new trailing cable.. 

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Just download the service manul & it said 01.0   main pca..   1   is print mech.

So I will try to change another pca.....

HP Recommended

On these machines you need to change with a new unused main pca. If you do not you stand a very good chance of having the machine never work again since the print mech will want to write to the main board and when it can not it causes all sorts of issues. When you use a new part the print mech can write to the new board. If a used board there is now conflicting information as to model number, serial number, etc which can cause issues.

HP Recommended

Thanks, David.

I had located a brand new one in China $200 included shipping. There are many used one for sale on Ebay & I guess

those were defective. Myself bought 2 from past & never be able to repair any machine.

New carriage box working good & fixed 02.1:10 error. Next  I will use another new carriage box to

repair another machine with error 79:04 , excatly same second when error 02.1:10 came up.

thanks for your advice.

HP Recommended

Hi David,

That is incorrect. The main PCA (main logic board) does not pair to anything. The Formatter pairs to the printmech board. You can install a used printmech board and a used main PCA. If you swap in a used printmech board, you will need a virgin formatter at that point (or the formatter previously paired to that particular printmech). Make sure you get the correct revision: either A or B. Formatter, Printmech, and Main PCA all require you to match your machine's revision (A or B), and --contrary to the service manual-- all but the formatter require you to match your machine's length (44" in your case). 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.