Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HPOJ 8710 Pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

having been a long time user of the HP OJ 8620 Pro, in particular using the ADF for scanning both sides of documents, I was initially puzzled when attempting to do the same with my new HP OJ 8710. Typically I would use the front panel LCD interface to choose the scan to network drive function, and an option for single side Vs both side scanning would be available. For whatever reason I can not locate that option via the front panel LCD interface.  The good news is that the function can be selected when using the HP Printer Assistant software.  I hope this helps others trying to locate this common setting.

bmb
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Have you successfully scanned a two sided document using the settings on your HP printer assistant software?  Did you use the ADF to do the two sided scanning?

I ask because looking at the specs for the 8710 doesn't show that as being a feature.  I know HP stopped including two sided scanning from the ADF on some/most models, which is why I've stayed with my 7700 series Officejet pro that's about 12 years old now and still going strong.

Maybe take a good look at the documentation or start a chat with an HP rep or rep from where you bought it to see if that feature was supposed to be included.

Also, you might want to post your question in the Deskjet forum since this forum is for Designjet Wide Format printers.  You might get better and more accurate information there.

Good luck!

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

yes, I have successfully scanned a (many) two sided document using the auto document feeder on my HP OJ8710.   The application I used was the HP Smart v 115.1.152.0 program on a Windows 10 computer.  As stated, I was unable to do so, using the touch panel interface on the printer.

bmb
HP Recommended

When you read the instruction manual are there any directions on how to access that feature on the front panel?  Or any reference to the two sided scanning feature being accomplished with the software you describe?

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.