Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T120 Printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Good evening

can someone suggest me the code of a grease suitable for the carriage rod of designjet T120?

In service manual it appears as a white grease, but there is not the HP part number.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
The printheads use water based ink which does not dissolve in alcohol so I would use distilled water.

I think the carriage board is part of the printhead.

Just check some pictures of the carriage online and I do not see a circuit board on it.

I have changed to print head on that machine once but never the carriage.

@davidzuts Have you replaced a carriage on one of these and can say whether or not it has a carriage board as part of it or if that part is on the printhead?

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended
I have a change the belt on that model although I am certified on it.

On the other design jets I work on which are the larger models I use a synthetic lubricant on the rail and only about 3 drops of that.

On eBay you can pick up at 1050C Oil kit which has a small bottle of lubricant in it which with a single machine should last you a lifetime.

I would normally call it a lubrication kit however I wanted the wording to match the eBay auction.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

HP Recommended
I checked the November 2017 version of the service manual and it does not give a part number for the grease.

The manual says that the grease should last the lifetime of the printer, are you having a specific problem where you think you need to add grease to fix it?

HP Recommended
I have a possible part number but I can't quite prove that this is the correct grease.

CR367-67090

HP Recommended

Hi

Thank you for replies

the printer belongs to a friend, i must to change the printhead shorted and the carriage also.

After the hard reset, i have two errors:

26:10 Ink sensor detected unexpected 001

Corrective action:Retry, restart, replace cartridges or carriage board

and

26:10 Generic Ink Supply failure.

Corrective action:Retry, replace cartridges;

the printhead did not print at all with its black color and left black spots on the paper.
The printhead was sent to service for cleaning with isopropyl alcohol (I think) without results

I'll look for the code you gave me

for the repair I have to wait a few days for my dealer on vacation

HP Recommended
The printheads use water based ink which does not dissolve in alcohol so I would use distilled water.

I think the carriage board is part of the printhead.

Just check some pictures of the carriage online and I do not see a circuit board on it.

I have changed to print head on that machine once but never the carriage.

@davidzuts Have you replaced a carriage on one of these and can say whether or not it has a carriage board as part of it or if that part is on the printhead?

HP Recommended

printhead have not circuit board, the board resides into carriage.

I am not sure that this board is faulty, because the code for this kind of fault is 02:10.

But service manual says to change carriage when you read the error 26:10 associated to the carriage.

Do you think i can test a new printhead in the old carriage without risks?

Thanks again for your interest

Anyway, when attempting to print, menu says printing in progress, but nothing happens, no movements.

When printer turns on, it performs all boot actions, motors, carriage...

I do not know what liquid they had used for cleaning the printhead.

The grease is difficult to find in Italy, ebay, amazon.. 

I found only a 1273-60124 - ST 80, then i asked to the seller if it is adapt for carriage rod; waiting for the answer

for accuracy, I am not a printer repair technician,  i repaired 2 laser printers only

HP Recommended
It looks to me like if you order the carriage from HP it comes with the lubricant.

Part No: CQ890-60239
Description: AmpXL 24 Carriage assembly w/b and lube

HP Recommended

maybe CQ890-60239 cointains grease, i asked  my seller

in the meantime I found this kit on the T730 service manual, and I read that it is OK for the T120 too

CQ890-60244      Friction repair Kit                       (lubrication kit)                       Lubrication kit contains grease syringe for slider rod, aerosol shields and carriage bearings

however I will try first to change only the print head, if the PCA carriage board is shorted, it is before the printhead and I do not think it can influence it(for damage)

HP Recommended

CQ890-60239 contains lube, HP parts store have it in stock.

strangely, the print head(C1Q10A) is not for sale on the same site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.