cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
rwbar
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

how to remove OJ3830 web pack and re-install prior version? New app is TERRIBLE!

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

_just installed latest software package "oj3830_Full_WebPack_1119.exe" (listed as ver 40.11 on Software/Download screens).

THIS PACKAGE IS TERRIBLE! 

Be sureto backup/set restore point BEFORE INSTALLING this package.

All revolves around HP's web services.  Hard to navigate, takes away many user set up preferences.  Can't pick number of rings before answering fax, scan settings,etc.  Does, then doesnt recognize.  Fax set to 2 rings but comes on if you answer before that.  On and on.

How can I get previouss version of the All-in-One software?  I think it's 39.01.

5 REPLIES 5
Barachiel
Retired
Retired
6,247 6,228 314 468
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @rwbar ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned below:

I would recommend you to un-install it and install the basic driver from this link. 🙂

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
rwbar
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers OK.  It's the application package.  The old full_feature package was 39.nn(01).  The OJ3830 serves as a local network printer (including Apple Airprint).  Normally the HP software/driver page will have the latest release along with the prior release(s).  The old ver 39 release is on my HP Pavillion but no executable download package was saved.  The latest (rel 40.11) was downloaded and installed on a Toshiba laptop.  So if I am using my HP laptop the older version works fine.  Both are Win 10 ver 1709 Creator's Update.

However, the Toshiba is in my office next to the OJ3830.  I have no problem removing the software and/or deleting the printer from the Toshiba via the Devices and Printers function.  Unfortunately, I removed the older download package (ver 39) before downloading and installing the latest package.

The new app style package is more oriented to using HP web services than the printer itself.  Further, access to certian controls on device options are hard to access and/or unavailable without jumping through several screens.  Plus I had to have 2 OJ3830 devices after install: 1 icon for scanner, a seperate icon for printing functions.  Also changed print font/size when using Airprint.

All I really want is the old (ver 39.01) "OJ3830_Full_Feature.exe" (fax,scan,print,copy), with Photo Creations download.  It was much more functional and user friendly.

Also, HP Print/Scan Doctor 5.1 gives driver error when using Fix Scanning option after install of OJ3830 ver 40.11 package.

Thanks for the reply.  As an HP employee maybe you can get the previous package.

KrazyToad
Retired
Retired
22,744 22,731 1,371 1,398
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @rwbar

It looks like you were interacting with @Barachiel, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service.I reviewed your concern and the entire conversation.

If you wish to change the Fax ringtone settings you can do it directly from the Printer.

1. From the Home screen, touch Fax. 2. Touch Setup, and then touch Preferences . 3. Touch Rings to Answer. 4. Specify the number of rings. 5. Touch Done to accept the settings.

You can refer to page 65 in the UserGuide

But unfortunately, we do not have the older Software Package available for download anymore.

Thank you.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

rwbar
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the assist.  I had already found how to set # rings for answer on fax.  I have figured out how to work around, what I feel are defeciencies, the new app; albeit reluctantly.  I do appreciate your link to the user manual.  Who knew?  Maybe that will show how to solve the Airprint issue.

I still have a problem with Print/Scan Dr. showing driver error when selecting Fix Scanning option.  And that was after downloading/installing the basic driver set.  I think i'll just uninstall the whole software package, removing the printer, and then do a whole new add printer, then re-install the ver 40.11 app.  Only downside I can see is I loose my fax settings and logs.

I still don't understand why HP changed its policy in thius instance, but it is what is is.

I do have a seperate unusual issue pertaining to Document(s) libraries on my HP Pavilion which may/may not be related to OneDrive but I'll post that sepetrately.

Thanks again for your reply.

KrazyToad
Retired
Retired
22,744 22,731 1,371 1,398
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @rwbar

Removing the Printer Software completely and reinstalling the latest Software should take care of the issue you are facing with the Print & Scan Doctor.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a Message anything you need assistance.

Thank you. 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation