cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Notonthepayroll
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

hp 7610 won't scan at 300dpi

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Suddenly mid-scanning, I can scan at 200 dpi but not 300 dpi, and instead get a pop-up message telling me there's an error in connectivity. However, wireless printing, and scanning to 200 dpi pdf or jpg succeed fine.  How can the dpi choice make a difference? 

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,684 93,341 12,271 26,101
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Notonthepayroll 

Where do you scan from ? You can only scan higher dpi when using flat bed (glass).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Notonthepayroll
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, this is the same flatbed glass that I've been scanning on for years, and that I can scan with the 200 dpi option , and now suddenly cannot scan at 300 dpi. And not only that, this malfunction started happening right between two scans, without any  changes being made to the preferences or network.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation