cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
acme-computer
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

hp 7612 print head error

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

print head design flaw

4 REPLIES 4
KrazyToad
Retired
Retired
22,744 22,731 1,371 1,398
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@acme-computer

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

Let's start with a Printer Reset

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
 NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your priner is idle and silent before you proceed

Then update the Firmware from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-7610-Wide-Format-e-All-in-One-series/5...

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a good day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
acme-computer
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The model Hp 7612 has known design flaw, only solution for print head error is to replace printer

KrazyToad
Retired
Retired
22,744 22,731 1,371 1,398
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@acme-computer

If the issue persists after the Firmware update, please follow the instructions in the private message to contact our Phone Support for Service Options

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

rasheddul
Level 7
634 609 35 85
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please try to use as below link wise instruction for printhead reset, if not solved you have to replace new printheads.

https://support.hp.com/hk-en/document/c04091615

I hope that info will help to you.

Regards/Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation