Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 500 24
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've got an HP Designjet 500 24". It's working with the network card Jetdirect 620N under Windows 7 64-bit. Perfect.

But now i've got a pc with Windows 10, and i try'd to install drivers for it, but nothing is working.

The Jetdirect card works great and when i use scan doctor, he finds the card. When i do an test print for the Jetdirect, he give's me an perfect print.

But the problem is, when i want to print from drawing software, my Designjet isn't working, because i can't get the right drivers!

Is there an solution for this problem with Windows 10 and the Designjet 500 24"+ Jetdirect 620N networkcard?

I know that there are a lot of posts about this issue, but i never saw an answer...

My thanks already for the trouble.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've had the same issue using newer AutoCAD versions with older printers.  I have a Designjet 5000, 5500 and 1055CM that AutoCAD refuses to recognize but prints from my other CAD program just fine (TurboCAD).  It would give the same error message when trying to print from AutoCAD that you're getting.

You might try coverting the drawing to a PDF and try printing that way.

Also check to see if you have an HPGL/2 card installed on the printer.

Or save the drawing as an earlier version of AutoCAD, maybe 2000, and try printing.  That might isolate the problem for you.

If you do a search of this board for "AutoCAD", you'll find you're not alone with this problem.

You can download a free trial version of TurboCAD (IMSI Design).  It reads DWG or DXF files.  No conversion needed.  Very versitile drawing program.  You can test it for 30 days.  https://www.turbocad.com/turbocad-pro-platinum-2017-free-trial

Since you're getting a test print and can print documents, it would seem that AutoCAD would be the next thing to look at.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Try using the windows 8 driver for the hp 500 plus.

HP Recommended

Ok, i've installed the printer.

When I look in "settings", by "printers", the printer is there. I click the right mousebutton and choose properties of the printer. Then I made a test print and the printer began to print. Hé gave me an paper and there was the text: i've you could read this, the printer is correct installed.

So that' s good.

Now I went to drawing software and wanted to print an drawing, but that' s not possible! 

He said that there are no printer drivers.

I don't understand what doing next!

Anybody suggestions?

My thanks are great.

HP Recommended

Which drawing program and version are you trying to use with the printer?

HP Recommended

I'm a student and trying this software at the moment.

Inventor Pro 2016

Autocad 2016

Word docu prints well...

HP Recommended

I've had the same issue using newer AutoCAD versions with older printers.  I have a Designjet 5000, 5500 and 1055CM that AutoCAD refuses to recognize but prints from my other CAD program just fine (TurboCAD).  It would give the same error message when trying to print from AutoCAD that you're getting.

You might try coverting the drawing to a PDF and try printing that way.

Also check to see if you have an HPGL/2 card installed on the printer.

Or save the drawing as an earlier version of AutoCAD, maybe 2000, and try printing.  That might isolate the problem for you.

If you do a search of this board for "AutoCAD", you'll find you're not alone with this problem.

You can download a free trial version of TurboCAD (IMSI Design).  It reads DWG or DXF files.  No conversion needed.  Very versitile drawing program.  You can test it for 30 days.  https://www.turbocad.com/turbocad-pro-platinum-2017-free-trial

Since you're getting a test print and can print documents, it would seem that AutoCAD would be the next thing to look at.

HP Recommended

Ok, thanks for your support.

I'm gonna look for other software. I'm glad that the printer works again for other programs.

HP Recommended

Joris ive win10, hp designjet 500plus 24 and jetdirect 620N but is impossible to print. Ive only error message 0x000000cb and not print!!!! Not resolve problem, ive see all tutorial but nothing. Whats driver have use it???

hope you can give me a good answer!!! 

Best regards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.