cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
martyrayman1
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

hp designjet s/n

HP Recommended
designjet 4000ps
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i have a hp designjet 4000ps it says it is a hp4500mfp on the control panel and has the wrong s/n...unable to manually change s/n and machine type because printer does not boot up all the way...boots to 84.1.03 error which is a 4500mfp error...this error did not appear till upgrading firmware to the updated 4000ps firmware. diagnostic mode shows 4500 mfp and wrong s/n..cannot get into service utility to change....1-where is s/n and machine type stored 9hard disk) and how can i get by this error to change s/n and machine type????

1 REPLY 1
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You really should have continued with your previous posts since it gives all of us the history of the printer and what had been done. In the previous thread I told you to go into the the utilities and run the 71.19 routine to see if you can put the correct information back in. It appears you do not have the service manual so I would recommend you do a google search and download it. Attached is how you get to the utility using a power up sequence where the machine does not have to be at ready. Below is a link to the original thread if anyone wants to read it to get more information on how you got to where you are now. As I stated in the previous thread even getting into the utility may not allow you to change the information because if in the correct format it will just tell you to exit and restart. As I said in the previous post you may have to find a hard disk that was used in a 4000 before so it has the correct model number which may bring your printer back to a 4000 but I am not sure since I have never done this with your situation. Good Luck.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-and-Digital-Press/hp-designjet-4000ps-...

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation