Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
designjet z6 postscript 24"

Hi.

My customer have this error on the plotter: 8039-4D99-00900.

They saw lines were missing, so they replace the printheads and the plotter doesn't recognise the printheads, mostly the black one.

Someone have an idea of the problem?

I have look in the service manual and didn't found this error code.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Dear Sir

first remove the latest installed  print head  and restart the plotter  if no error (8039-4D99-00900.) perform replace print head

and insert the new print head or even the older on taking good care to mark the chosen color print head .

and try again 

HP Recommended

Hi.

Thanks. We will try that.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi. Thanks for your support.

I did remove the printheads and restart the plotter.

Same problem, the plotter wont accept the printheads black/matte & maybe the other 2 printheads, because the plotter didn't finish the installation of the black/Matte printhead, so the 2 others  have not finish their installation.

So Just to resume what the user did, when he first saw the code 8039-4d99-00900:

He install the latest firmware and the error code wasn't there anymore, but he saw that there was white lines.

So he replace the printheads (3), but the installation never went to the end.

I clean the contacts of the printheads, on the carriage and i try with a brand new black/matte printhead (universal printhead) and still no succed.

So 2 new black/matte printheads have been tried and 2 new other printheads(colours). 

Do you have an idea what could be the cause of the plotter not accepting the printheads?

Could it be the firmware?

Should i replace the carriage?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

hi 

If the plotter is starting without any error without the print heads  all removed and check that they are marked with the right color  to know the right position as it is a universal print head and can be installed any where in the carriage .

after removing the print head put the head  nozzles on a paper tissue  to check the right color of each print head , some times client make mistake or just tell you lies just not to pay their errors ... but check the colors on the tissue and install the print head

check all inks are valid and more than 20 % and restart the printer

good luck

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

The printhead are on the right color tubes. I did it myself with a new one, still the same problem.

I wonder if it's the installation of the firmware that cause the problem.

HP Recommended

hi

you can roll back to previous firmware from the ews  in the firmware roll back 

HP Recommended

Do you know, if the reset EEROM default factory, would cause major problem to the printer if we do it?

HP Recommended

The user have tried to rollback the firmware and he got a message "

Dependencies checking has failed

A problem has occured with the firmware version; call your support representative.

What is Depencies?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.