Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
officejet 7500a

My printer had a paper jam, i freed out the paper, and have checked it inside and out, it still won't stop saying paper jam, i have tried everything in the troubleshooter, but i cannot check behind the cartridge carriage, because the cartridges will not come out to the centre of the printer, i've tried hard booting, but that has done nothing, i'm pretty much out of ideas

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @drewhird,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding paper jam messages from the printer. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this?

• Did a paper jam actually occur on the printer?
  • Did this message begin to appear after a power outage or surge?

For a start please try all the prescribed steps from these links related to paper jams.

• Link 1 A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 7500A Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer Series: http://hp.care/2t2XFKB
  • Link 2: An 'Original Jam: Clear jam, and then press OK to continue' Message Displays for HP Officejet 7500A (E910a and E910c) Wide Format e-All-in-One Printers: http://hp.care/2t2UH8T

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. It will definitely fix the issue for you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, neither of these have helped, and the printer just continues saying there is a paper jam

HP Recommended

Hi @drewhird,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. Brilliant effort, remarkable technical skills and fabulous patience and resolve were displayed by you to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done. It is greatly appreciated. 🙂

In that case, there could be a hardware issue with the printer and it might need to be replaced. You might need to contact Hp phone support to get this done.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

• (1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • (2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • (3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • (4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, that's what I thought you might end up saying, it is getting old now, so I guess replacing the printer will be the best bet

HP Recommended

Hi @drewhird,

Thanks for the super quick response. Brilliant effort and great troubleshooting. Hats off you for that. 🙂 

Trust me I've done all I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. You've been commendable and it has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I genuinely hope the replaced product works great and stays healthy for a long time and you too. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solutionas it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.