cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
eddiem71
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

hp print error

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

have Spectrum service. Have two printers in home. Both have great Wifi signals and are close to router. when we ask for print job we get errors.

Tech with geek squad has searched and reinstalled printers several times but issues continue. is this a possible router issue with Spectrum?

1 REPLY 1
Flower_Bud
Retired
Retired
5,216 5,204 272 400
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @eddiem71,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, your printer would not connect to the PC. 

Don't worry, I'll be glad to assist you, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

When was the last time it worked fine? 

Do you have issues connecting both printers? 

What is the error message?

Is Wi-Fi light blinking/steady on the printer? 

Make sure you're connecting the printer to a 2.4Ghz network. 

Let's try these troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue: 

Step 1: Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity:

If you have Windows 8 or 10, use HP Printer and Scan Doctor to automatically fix several types of problems that can cause the printer to go offline. Skip to the next step if your computer does not have Windows 8 or 10.

1. From the computer you are trying to print from, download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor. When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded using your Internet browser's download capabilities.

2. After opening Print and Scan Doctor, read and respond to the screens to resolve the problem.

NOTE:

For network printer connections, make sure and select Test Print to test the connection, and then select No Print after the test has completed to obtain a solution.

3. If the printer continues to go offline, continue to the next step.

Click this to continue with the troubleshooting steps. 

Keep me posted!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And feel free to ask any other queries as well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation