cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
lapin-rouge
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

hp t520 24" printing mostly black, colours are washed over with black

HP Recommended
hp t520 24"
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP T 520 24" printer, barely 9 months old. When printing in colour, it replaces most of the colors with black - all except magenta which seems unchanged. Smears of black at top and bottom of page. Useless prints.

OK for B&W prints.

Have run 'print report' which tells me 'out of warranty' - surprising considering I have not owned it a year from new.

Have tried loading latest drivers - no improvement.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
alisonpt
Level 3
63 39 0 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try a printhead cleaning and then printhead alignment. There are 3 leves of printhead cleaning the printer will tell you. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
lapin-rouge
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Done both print head clean, printhead alignment, factory reset, hard reset.

Cant be a driver computer driver issue 'cos I have printed test pages direct from the printer.

Magenta is ok.

Yellow it prints yellow, THEN overprints with black

Cyan it prints cyan, THEN overprints with black.

Black... it prints as black.

I can only guess there is a software problem in the printer head itself - and I dont know how to 'flash' update the printer software itself. i was hoping 'factory reset' would have fixed it.

Does anyone know a way of raising this with H.P. support? they seem not to have any contact details on the website.

alisonpt
Level 3
63 39 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried removing the printhead from the carriage and cleaning the nozzle with a qtip and isopropyl alcohol. It should be the printhead that is giving you the issues. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation