Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
deskjet 2510
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have oldish deskjet 2510. It said I needed new black cartridge (last one was not empty I recall) so hought a new HP cartridge and replace it. when tried to print got message

Ink Cartridge Failure

what should I do please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, I Thanks for contacting with HP Support Forum. 

Please new one ink cartridge which one is failed and if earlier new replace one is cover under warranty please contact with HP Partner or reseller or HP Support Centre for warranty replacement purpose (if you haven't used).

Please check through HP DeskJet 2510 Printer utility software. 

Sometimes new ink cartridges arent work properly.

I hope you are understanding about this issue. 

Regards 

Rashed

Please accept my solution if it will help to you and send me thumb kudos. 

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi, I Thanks for contacting with HP Support Forum. 

Please new one ink cartridge which one is failed and if earlier new replace one is cover under warranty please contact with HP Partner or reseller or HP Support Centre for warranty replacement purpose (if you haven't used).

Please check through HP DeskJet 2510 Printer utility software. 

Sometimes new ink cartridges arent work properly.

I hope you are understanding about this issue. 

Regards 

Rashed

Please accept my solution if it will help to you and send me thumb kudos. 

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

Thanks Rashed

I will buy another cartridge and see if that works - the printer is 5 years old I think. I cleaned the contacts with rubbing alcohol (isoproponjal alcohol - or ... whatever its called) - made no difference.

cheers

angus goudie

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.