cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Jorge_Arc2
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

ink cartridge swelling when inserted

HP Recommended
HP PAGEWIDE XL 8000

WHEN HP PRINTER REQUEST FOR NEW BLACK INK CARTRIDGE  AND BEING REPLACED THE CARTRIDGE ITSELF SWELLS UP....AND THEN IT SAYS NOT INSTALLED. TRYING TO REMOVE CARTRIDGE BUT ITS HARD TO REMOVE DUE TO CARTRIDGE IS VERY THIGHT IN SLOT DUE TO SWOLLEN CARTRIDGE. THIS ONLY HAPPENS  ON THE BLACK 2 CARTRIDGE .

THIS HAPPENS EVERYTIME..... INSERT CARTRIDGE IN SLOT 1 AND PLAY WITH IT INSERTING SLOWLY AND IT TAKES IT AND START WORKING OK,  MOVE THE CARTRIDGE BACK IN SLOT 2 AND NO PROBLEM.  ????????

4 REPLIES 4
PapaRich
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you ever get a resolution for this problem.  I am noticing a similar situation with my 5000XL.  Any feedbnack would be appreciated.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Jorge_Arc2
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not yet, but i heard from other sources to replace CID valves assy. also to replace PIP and floater.

I order the PIP and floater first...Im going with the easiest first, if that doesnt work then the CID valve.

Ill let you know if any of those work. unles you find an answer to this problem first.

mortinox
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem here, except it's all colors. Usually just the top.
The vendor who sold us the machine insists that the machine is operating at normal functionality, and that the cartridges themselves are "known to be bad".
Not sure if they are just running out the clock on our service contract (this thing has needed multiple repairs since day one, but that's what you get for buying HP)
or if this cartridge claim is legitimate.

Jorge_Arc2
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have updated the Firmware to: NRA_10_19_01_.9

Fixed that issue and other issue that i was having.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation