cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
SARAP
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

latex 560

HP Recommended
Latex 560
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

From the day we received our Latex 560 the medial always jams up in the curing section. When the front edge of the media enters the curing section it seems to be sucked up to the top and sticks there causing the media to back up into the print area. The solution we were given was to waste a couple of feet of material everytime we load in new material, which seem completely asinine. This is not a fix but a way of not taking responsibility for the defect of a product.

4 REPLIES 4
DigiPrint
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the Exact Same Problem. And the Exact Same Pain 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Substrate is deformed or wrinkledIf your substrate is deformed or wrinkled by the curing process, change the temperature settings before printing the next job, and advance the substrate, using the Move substrate option in the front panel's Substrate menu, so that the next job will be printed on undamaged substrate.If the problem appears only at the beginning of the print, try the following suggestions.●Disable the automatic cutter.●Go to the front panel and press roll icon, then Substrate handling options > Extra bottom margin and Extra top margin. Set both margins to 100 mm. If that is not enough, try higher values.●Increase the vacuum level in steps of 10 mmH2O. Do not exceed the following limits: 20 mmH2O for banners and 50 mmH2O for other substrate families.●Increase the number of passes.●Make sure that the substrate is stored in the same room in which the printer is located.

LaszloSz
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sometimes I have the same problem on our 570. You don't have to add feets of substrate, just make sure the material advanced into the curing section (over the ridge).

I have the most problem with paper, as it deforms from the heat, so I advance it until about a 5 centimeters comes out from the dryer/curing section, then tape it (with a long piece of cut-off vynil ) to a paper roll, so it's already tensioned when the printing starts.

Also have problem with light banner substrate(s) which tend to curl up when I load it, most of the time I have to open the plexiglass door to help it into the curing section, or the printhead will jam into it. After it's loaded it also needed to advanced into the smooth section of the curing section, or it will jam when the printer tries to advance it when the preheating occurs.

This issues really need to taken care of, if HP want to make these printers more user friendly. I have printed 9,764.20 m² in less than 5 months, and the material feed into the curing section is the biggest issue with the 570 apart from a few lesser problems.

1111SLV__
Level 2
Level 2
20 19 1 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

I invite you to use HP Latex Forum https://hplatexknowledgecenter.com/forum/printers for future questions on your HP Latex printer, it will be easier to help you form there. Regards

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation