Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
CN375A
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i'm a support technian working on a designjet T770 with a mk-cartridge faulty issue which causes an leakage. i have already replaced the mk-cartridge, but the issue still persist. i have now replaced several parts like the ink supply tube, the ink supply station & the MK-Y printhead but no solution. i don't know what to try next so im looking for a solution

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended
Hi,

At first check the internal cable, if all are ok.
Please reset the EPROM and update the latest firmware. Then check the status.

Thanks,
Rashed
Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

thanks Rashed,

i will give it a try and check the status.

this i've never tried before and hopes it will solved the issue.

i will keep you updated after i've try these steps.

thanks,

RDMENT

HP Recommended

Hello RDMENT,

Have you located were the leak is?

This is what I have seen

A tube on the ISS get lose, causes the leak and then the ink cartridge rejecton.

If that happened, you need to replace the tubes, ISS and ink cartridge.

If the tube is leaking ink and ink reach the electricals on the new ISS, it could be damage adn you will need to replace it again. Hope this did not happening.

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Hello Mike G,

I've located the leak and it is in the carriage. so when the carriage moves it leaks on the starwheel assembly.

so i firstly replace the printhead (MK-Y) thought that was the problem to the issue.

but there was still a leakage, so i also change the Ink Supply Station.

but still no solution and after that i decided to replace the Ink Supply Tube thought it might be cloged.

Now i have not seen the leakage yet after replaced the IST because of the error that shows up about the (MK- cartridge faulty).

i have clean the contacts on the cartridge  but still not solved also replaced with a new cartridge.

i will check the issue today and let you know.

Best regards

RDMENT

HP Recommended
Hi,

Ok after replacing the tubes you will need to access the Service Utilities Menu to purge the tubes.

Obviously you are not there due to the ink cartridge rejection.

Install the inks on the printer, access the printer EWS > Support > Service Support > printer information > All Pages and check the expiration date of the ink cartridge there.

If it shows 1969 or 1970, make sure the FW is up to date, do a EERom Reset, reboot the printer and reset the ink cartridge.

If you still have the problem try another ink cartridge.

If you still have the problem make sure the cable that goes from the ISS to the Main PCA is not pinch.

If the cable is ok and this was not a problem with the old ISS and it is not contained with ink, install the old ISS.

Regards

Mike
Best regards

Mike G

HP Recommended

i have tried the EEROM reset as Rashed said and upgrade the firmware, but now the plotter is in *Manufactering Mode*.

i have restarted it but it enters the same mode again.

i have not checked the cables yet but will check that now.

how can i get out of this mode or what must i try next????

HP Recommended

Hi,

Besides the ISS, Tubes, printhead and ink cartridge, have you replace any other parts?

If you have not try the following

1- Take a USB and format it on Fat32

2- Copy the FW on it and connect the USB to the printer panel

3- Reboot the printer to reinstall the FW

4- Once completed do a EEROM reset again

Please do in that order

Best regards

Mike G

HP Recommended
Hi,

You first update the latest firmware through USB thumb drive.

Please perform also ISS and IDS test.

Then what happened please share.

Regards
Rashed
Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

HI

No i have not repaced any port just those part.

oke i will give that a try but can i check the internal cables first or can i check do that immediately???

Best  regards

RDMENT

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.