cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
lorettacogar
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

loses wireless connection

HP Recommended
Officejet6500A Plus e-All-in-One-Printer-E710n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For the last several months it has been losing the wireless conectivity. The Router was changed out and everything reconfigured but still comes up saying OFFLINE or NOT CONNECTED. I have I have 4 computers connecting wirelessly to this printer and now because of this none will print I can't receive my faxes and because of the number of computers I don't want to run 50 - 100' of USB cabling just to print from the computers that's why I purchased a wireless printer to begin with. This printer is only 4 yrs old and I've had others longer than that which worked fine.

There were times when this printer was listed 4 or 5 different times on the systems I have gone so far as to UN-install every last one of them and re-install just 1 to no avail this time there were 3 listed from a single install. It's low on ink but I don't want to purchase more ink if I'm just going to have to replace the printer.

1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
28,039 26,658 1,522 1,618
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@lorettacogar

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting printer offline error on HP Officejet 6500A Printer. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity.

1. From the computer you are trying to print from, download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor. When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded using your Internet browser's download capabilities.

2. After opening Print and Scan Doctor, read and respond to the screens to resolve the problem.

If the issue persists, follow the below steps:

Set the default printer and unpause printing.

Reset the printer and check the connection status.

Make sure the correct port is selected.

Update the printer firmware.

Create a manual connection.

Add a second printer device to Windows.

Add the printer using HP Printer Assistant.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation