cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
capbiz
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

matte black versus photo black

HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T930
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there a way to tell the printer to use one type of black instead of the other type of black ink?  It appears that my printer is using photo black on regular bond paper and I want it to use matte black.

3 REPLIES 3
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
33,272 32,234 3,054 11,066
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@capbiz

Be sure to select the Media type as opposed to allowing Media to be left / set as "Automatic" (wording may vary).

For example, select Media "Plain paper" for those jobs that are using regular paper.

Information contributed by our own Provost Expert Bob_Headrick . 

Explanation in Thread  Question regarding Photosmart 7525 / Photosmart 7520 – five ink cartridges

Partial Excerpt

The smaller cartridge is the photo cartridge, used for printing dark areas when photo paper is selected in the driver, or when "automatic" paper selection is enabled and the media type is detected as photo paper.  It may also be used in some cases when printing graphics on plain paper.  If you are printing on plain paper make sure "plain paper" is selected in the media type selection for the driver.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
capbiz
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.  When I loaded the paper, I selected "plain paper" at the control panel of the printer.  When I sent the prints, the option for media was set to use Printer defined paper selection.  Is there an option to use one type of black versus the other, regardless of the media?  If so, how would I do that?

Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
33,272 32,234 3,054 11,066
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@capbiz

You are welcome.

I am not aware of a method to force the printer to use one ink as opposed to another.

Having said that, the HP DesignJet T930 Printer is not a printer model with which I have any experience.

The User Guide (Chapter 6 Paper Handling - Paper resets - starting on page 54) explains the use of Paper presets (perhaps a cousin of shortcut templates) -- a number of presets  are available on the printer; more presets are downloadable. 

Presets may not provide the level of control you seek -- the setup does appear designed to provide optimal results.

Reference

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

Drivers and Software, Videos, How-to, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, and more

HP DesignJet T930 Printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

Dragon-Fur

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation