cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
hailey13
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

my hp printer is having server problems

HP Recommended
hp officejet 4650

hi i have never had a problem with my printers connection before, but latley it has been loosing connection with my computer and wont even let me add it under "add prnter" as an option.. i tried printing out a info sheet from my printer and it said 

"the priner could not be connect to web services. the server might be busy or unavaialble.. try later..

it says im wireless connected but then it says i have no status...

i dont know what that means or how to fix it.. help..

1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 10,582 830 1,560
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@hailey13

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer. I read that the printer lost the wireless connection to the computer. 

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

1. Power your printer off and then on by the power button.
  2. Obtain the IP address of the printer, usually displayed when pressing the antenna icon on the home screen.
  3. Input the IP address into the address bar of an internet browser and press "Enter", this should take you to a page about your printer.
  4. Click on the "Web Services" tab on the top.
  5. Click on the "Continue" button and follow the prompts to enable Web Services through this interface.

If the issue persists then I suggest you to perform the steps as described in detail in this HP article

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the outcome. Cheers!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation