cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

no yellow ink from inktube on Z2100

HP Recommended

I am fixing this Z2100 24" printer which had serious missing inks problem. at the begining, no   mangenta, light cyan, yellow.

I drawed out meganta, light cyan, but yellow I could never able to draw out yellow. the magenta & LC all working perfect.

I replaced the m/y  printhead. Then after I successfully did printhead alignment & color calibration... all perfect.

I printed some posters, the after few hours & missing yellow & poster printed look bad.

then I spent many hours & still could not draw out yellow inks. Tried 3 syrnges, even I was crazy enough to modified a small portable vacuum adopted with a syringe, still nothing.

I also have a dj500 42" & the black ink has same problem. if thos problem solved & both printers will be fixed ,

I checked the ink side & it was normal.

Checked on youtube related videos & tried. none worked.

what other option can I do ?   thanks

ps : if nothing working & have to cut the inktube & replace with a new nozzle 
                 ( I have already, but wait till dead end.  )

2 REPLIES 2
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
6,318 6,301 750 1,057
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You probably have a dried piece of yellow ink somewhere inside a tube that is blocking ink flow.

Several years ago I totally disassemble tubes for the same reason ( not on the same model)  I was unable to get with compressed air to clean yellow tube, soaked in hot water, used thin wire trying to clear the dried ink without success. So in the end, I cut out like 2" of a tube and inserted a new thicker piece of tube, assembled everything back and it worked.

My profile on LinkedIn

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
jasonmiamifl
Author
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks & I knew already, but keep it as last option.

I used the tiny plastic tube from Z3100 service station, I cut the inktube & removed the nozzle &

replaced with nozzle, I joined both end with new plastic tube, then outside with little bigger heat shrink

wrap tube. After I heated it, then seal with super glue on both end.  worked flawless.

Hope there is a easier way .

regards

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation