cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
AshrafZia
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

printer not detected using usb cable

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3070A e-All-in-One Printer series - B611
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have downloaded and installed the printer driver but when it comes to printer detection part and I connect the printer using the USB cable it's not detected by the operating system. I have tried using Windows 10 64-bit as well as in Ubuntu 14.04. Also, I have trouble in connecting to the wireless router where it's must, first to be connected to the PC.

Please help.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,866 93,523 12,292 26,127
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AshrafZia

For Windows,

(a) do not plug USB cable BEFORE the installtion process asking for,

(b) avoid using USB 3.0 port.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
AshrafZia
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I uninstalled previous drivers and after restarting operating system followed setup again and have the same problem again:

In the below screenshot it asks me to connect the cable. I connected the USB cable and selected appropriate option.

screen1.png

After selecting USB then here goes screen 2:

screen2.png

After confirming to use the USB cable I get the following error:

screen3.png

I have no idea why the operating system is not detecting the printer using USB cable?

Any further guideline....

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation