Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-13-2019 09:49 AM
That is something you must discuss with HP, though I would guess that having rats damage the equipment is not covered under any form of the standard hardware warranty. IF you purchased a Care Pack with accidental coverage, that contract MIGHT cover damage by rodents.
Regardless: Contract coverage is not something about which we can advise. Our community is not HP Technical Support nor do we have any connection with any HP Warranty service.
Likely, you will need to make a claim of this type on your personal property insurance.
- Dig out your home owners insurance policy information and contact your home insurance representative.
- Not a home owner? Contact your renters insurance policy representative.
- None of these? Renting? Contact your landlord and ask if he / she will cover the damage under the building insurance policy.
HP Technical Support - HP Contact Information
- Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information on the Community).
- Chat is not available in every region. In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted. In the event that Chat is not available in your region: Call the number provided in the HP directory, else submit your case online (to receive phone contact information)
- HP will advise you there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty. This is normal business practice.
- HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty. This is normal business practice. Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by package.
- If the HP Contact (phone) number is not immediately provided: Contact information is displayed on your screen after you submit your case online.
- HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo. Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.
“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support
Select your region and follow the prompts
Option: Contact HP Technical Support - Regions
USA / Canada
Submit information / case online: Contact HP Support – Assistance Portal
- Sign in or continue as a guest
- For faster support, submit information / case online HP Customer Support UK
- Contact Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist
Option - HP Support is on Facebook!
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.
Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!
Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community