Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
500 plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
 the plotter power asks the printheads configuration and not the normal ones. What shall i do? thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

if you do not have the setup printheads, you can insert the normal printheads & answer prompts accordingly. I did that countless times on my Z2100, Z3200 etc.

I keep the defective printheads & use them as setup printheads. They worked ok for me & have new usages.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If the printhead was blinking & press enter to access the printhead replacement. When the carriage box moved to the left & prompt you to open the big middle cover, then the top of printheads. remove the blinking printhead or remove all & clean them, also the contacts.

See what happen next.

HP Recommended

No ones blinking because the plotter non complited the inizialization and ask the printheads for configuration not the normal ones.

HP Recommended

if you do not have the setup printheads, you can insert the normal printheads & answer prompts accordingly. I did that countless times on my Z2100, Z3200 etc.

I keep the defective printheads & use them as setup printheads. They worked ok for me & have new usages.

HP Recommended

GREAT !!!! it works! Thank's

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.