cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
mandy121212
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

printing blank and cant get password for deskjet 3630

HP Recommended
deskjet 3630

Hello please can somebody help as I have been trying to solve the issue for hours and it's driving me crazy! I recently got a new wifi router so I think this may be the issue. I cannot get my phone or my laptop to connect to my printer which I have used a million times before.

but not since getting a new wifi router. I can't even remember if my printer connects to my home wifi?

Anyway, its asking for the printer password on both my laptop and my iPhone and I never remember using a password ever before. Anyhow so I am trying to print the password through the info and wifi buttons but I am getting blank pages. I cant go into the printer settings because I need the password and I cant get the password because I need to print it.

I tried my scanner and that is printing in Pink only and no black at all. However, the ink levels are half on both cartridges. I checked and there is wet ink on both, they have not dried up.

I am not getting any info from the machine at all. It is not even printing the usual blue squares etc.

I cannot find the disk anywhere as I bought the printer years ago and  have never had an issue with it until today =((((

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
32,558 32,138 5,523 12,986
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try entering 12345678 to connect the printer directly.

If that doesn't help press both the WiFi and Cancel button for 3 seconds till the power light blinks.

Next turn the printer off and back on.

Next download and follow the HP Smart application, click the plus sign and then follow the Setup a New Printer option.

Follow the steps on screen to connect the printer to your home wifi through the app.

Regardless follow these steps to print a Printer Status Report and evaluate teh printer page:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306/document/c046...

According the results follow these steps to troubleshoot any print quality problem you may experience:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306/document/c046...

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
mandy121212
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you so much.
I ended up downloaded the software and setting up again from scratch .
After 4 hours messing about, I managed to get connected 🙂
Still have issues printing blanks but going to change the cartridges tomorrow and hopefully all will be well. Thank you again :)))))
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation