cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
deepakmalve
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

printing issue

HP Recommended
hp designjet 500 mono
Microsoft Windows XP

cartridge is full, printhead is new, first day worked fine , second day light print, third day no print, but no error message. please help.

7 REPLIES 7
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

do a printhead alignment....color calibration..... then you should get an answer.....

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
deepakmalve
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Print head alignment fails but black calibration completed successfully
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My knowledge wirh DJ500 & printhead alignment & color calibration must pass for proper operation... without black & all colors would be mess up.

You should use a syringe? & try to draw out ink... if you saw bubbles which indicated inktube has air inside. then try again.On menu.  (  use replace printhead option & carriage box will move to left.    then you remove power cord, remove printhead, insert syringe & draw out ink )

Since this model was old for many years, whenever I repair this model & first draw out inks till no bubble... always

repair good & no ink problems. This years I repairsed  3 & they are working. Customers always call me & thank me.

For reference only & I do not not wish drive you nuts....

good luck

deepakmalve
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you for your support, i have tried it already. I removed some ink by syringe now there are no bubble in it. It hardly prints a line of service print report.
Please suggest me something.
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

do a     trouble shooting printhead alignment.... which machine performs longer & use more inks.... do few times

till color darken..

deepakmalve
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Printhead alignment gets canceled itself.
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am sure that you are having problems with printheads .  try following :

after your carriage box moved to left...   power off       remove all printheads     clean all contacts  ..

restart printer ....when prompted & insert     printhead   one by one....   see the display & make sure when you

inserted printhead & machine recognize it...  

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation