Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T120
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Is there a good setting when using the HP Deskjet T120 for printing opaque, solid black on film? I've tried a few different setting, but film prints are looking brownish or translucent. I recently found that selecting "Polypropoleyene Satin Photo", and selecting media type "Photo Premium" works great, but when I try to print those selections using sheet feed 17" film, those setting won't allow me to print any wider than 15 inches. Any suggestions will help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The heavier the paper, the more ink will be apply to the media

polypropylene is one of the heaviers. Not sure if you will get bolder colors unfortunately

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

On what orientation are you loading the paper?

And what size is the paper reading the paper?

Best regards

Mike G

HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back Mike. My best option has been to try as many settings as possible, which gets rather costly. It does seem however that the printer doesn't easily read transparency. I have figured out a way to get around that I think. My other question is; what setting will give me the most opaque black on the film I am using? Polypropoleyene Satin Photo still seemed the best, however I'd like to know if there is a way to apply that option for transparent roll, and / or 17-24" width transparent sheets. I've tried both landscape and vertical orientation, that doesn't seem to matter.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The heavier the paper, the more ink will be apply to the media

polypropylene is one of the heaviers. Not sure if you will get bolder colors unfortunately

Best regards

Mike G

HP Recommended

Is there a way to get the polypropylene setting to print on a roll? Or is the polypropylene setting only for a pre determined paper size?

HP Recommended

Thank  you Mike. I think I got things to work. I appreciate your input.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The preset tells the printer how much ink needs to be apply on the paper and the speed.

Is not really linked to the paper size

Best regards

Mike G

HP Recommended
Hi there Mike!

I’m having the same problem, I’m not gettin a pure black on my roll films, can you share the best setting you used on the HP T120 also using Mac. Please!
HP Recommended
Hi there MrMonte

I’m having the same problem, I’m not gettin a pure black on my roll films, can you share the best setting you used on the HP T120 also using Mac. Please!
HP Recommended

Hello Albertonari

I have this problem off and on. I recently had to have my computer rebuilt, and it seems with the new operating system I don't get exactly the same options for sending to the printer. But I recently had fairly good luck by choosing in "Photoshop Print Settings", selecting; "photoshop manages color", in Color Handling box.  In "Printer Profile" box; I choose transparent/ clear film. In Print Settings/ Layout, choose Color Options "mode", color.  Also in Layout I choose Paper Quality, Paper Source "roll" (that's what I'm printing on), Paper Type "transparent Clear". Quality Options; "Custom", and Quality; "Best". I don't choose "Pure Black And White" which seems to be a new setting to me on High Sierra, for some reason the print comes out way too dark. The last print I got on transparent flim was almost black, not as black as it used to be before I loaded High Sierra on to my computer. I'm not very computer geeky, so I hope this doesn't sound too confusing. Maybe it will help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.