Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
designjet 5500 42" dye
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi people, i am trying to set my printer preferences to "production mode" in control panel>printing preferences and i cant figure this out for some reason, i have named the print task quick set to "production coated paper banners" and "print quality" as "production" and saved but it will not have it, it works fine in web access but i have to change every job from "default" which is set at productivity to "production" any help appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I see an "Apply" button in lower right hand corner.  After clicking on "Save", you have to hit "Apply" also to save the settings under the new profile.  Just tried it myself and without doing that last step, it will go back to default settings.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

hi, thanks for the reply, i have tried this and even making a new profile but every time i submit a job printer stays on productivity rather than the profile i have saved and applied production, i am not sure what is going on .

Regards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.