cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
mb12345
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

purchase M855 or E87640 enterprise printer

HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Managed MFP E87640-E87660 series

Considering purchasing the E87640dn for our church (est 4000 copies/mo.)  The M855 appears to be slightly less expensive.  Any suggestions on which model would be best is appreciated.  thanks

3 REPLIES 3
JackB44
Level 3
60 60 1 14
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As far as I know, E876xx can be only contracted from HP Partner, not purchased by End Customer like M855.

Speaking of E87640, its great office/business printer and think that your 4000 prints per month is minimum.

Regardless of what you chose, keep in mind that these are office machines. They are not replacement for Offset or other press type printers.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
mb12345
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks much for that feedback on the channel provider info.  

i was also interested if there was any real notable differences in other key specs on the actual model to model.

cheers

JackB44
Level 3
60 60 1 14
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can search for specs using internet.

Major differences are print engine concept and scanner on E876xx which is MFP vs M855 which is just A3 printer, different print engine design but very robust on both models.

Both machines are FutureSmart 4 based, can use HP UPD, Google Cloud Print, ePrint... recommended driver is PCL6.

Standard HP storry.

I reccomend you to check out specs and prices and make calculation on 200.000 pages for supplies, if You have to buy it.

Question in here is not which printer is better or which parts of design are better but which is more applicable to Your usage scenario. Since both machines can be equiped with very powerful (expensive) media handling outputs and with large input capacity options I recommend you to speak with couple (different) professionals (HP MPS Partners) for MPS. Explain them for what purpose you need it and see what they will recommend & offer.

Personally, I will never buy either of machines but contract them. Big machine requires some maintanance from trained/dedicated personell and after standard warranty you need to mitigate risk of possible future failures. Also there are long life consumables like Fuser Kit, ITB... That is why I think of contracting on Managed Printing Services contract, all included & supported.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation