cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
jakent
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

scaling issues on large print jobs

HP Recommended
t520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am printing a template of letters that needs to be in scale so information can be transferred to substrate surfaces. Drawn in Corel Draw the image is 22.5" wide x 141" long (high)  the page size is a custom -- 24x150", choose the selection and print "as in document." Choosing print preview renders the image larger than the page size even though it reports that it is correct length and width. The actual printout is out of scale The letters are approx 5% larger , the aspect ratio appears to be off width is roughly correct --  and the printout is truncated by the end of the page.  A couple of hours with Corel support shows that it will work by producing a pdf file and then sending to the printer. Not very streamlined. Any input to resolve this will be helpful. 

4 REPLIES 4
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

after you defined the print media size & return to print screen.... do not press   print yet...... check     there is small   scale

& make sure it is     100%  ..

myself encounter this problem from time to time & it was over 100 % or other sizes. . how funny.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
jakent
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When you choose "As in Document" scaling is grayed out.

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have no ideas what software you are using & how the print menu looks. 

but all softwares  should be very similar. pay attention to every step.

myself use Photoshop CS5 & I must have every image print out exactly , or ruin the expensive canvas material.

jakent
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, it would appear that Jason is the closest.

I did NOT choose "As in document" and rather chose scaling and set it at 100% -- as you said. At this time -- anything I've tried to print looks right!

Thank you!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation