cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
abnoi1614
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

the cover is open error

HP Recommended
k209a
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

please help me to fix this problem... my printer says.. the cover is open.. 

1 REPLY 1
Barachiel
Retired
Retired
6,247 6,228 314 468
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@abnoi1614

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with the printer. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 😉

For better clarity and to assist you correctly, I would require more information regarding this:

Did you try any troubleshooting steps?

How long are you facing this issue?

For now please try these steps:

follow these steps to reset the printer.

Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Wait at least 60 seconds.

Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

This should do the trick for you.Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue.

The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation