Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have just changed Internet Providers.  I have a new email address as well. I am having trouble setting up scan to email. It is still seeing the old server name:SMTP:Telus.net  

When I try to scan to email, it cannot find my new server.  It is asking me to change ports. Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have trying following the exact steps below and check if that may help:

1. Click the network setting on the printer and locate its IP Address.
  2. Type that IP  from the browser on your PC to access its EWS page.
  3. Click the Scan tab.
  4. Under Scan to E-mail click Outgoing Email Profiles.
  5. Set the requirement info.
  6. Fill the mail settings as following:
    - smtp.gmail.com (demanding on your server and if required contact with your server admin) 
    - 465 (demanding on your server and if required contact with your server admin) 
  7. Check the box next to SSL
    - Check the box next to the SMTP Authentication option
    - Type your full gmail address as teh user name and type the gmail password.
  8. Click Save and Test but shows "The Test Was Unsuccessfull"

I have set connectivity following the steps below:

1. Click the Network tab.
  2. Under the active connection type section click IPv4 (Wired / Wireless).
  3. Keep the IP Address Configuration as exists, under the DNS Address Configuration check the box next to Manual DNS Server.
  4. Set the Preferred DNS as 8.8.8.8 (Demanding on your network )
  5. Set the Alternate DNS as 4.4.8.8 /8.8.4.4 (Demanding on your Network)

If you want to use gmail server

Please visit open the following link and ensure you are logged on to the same account as you are trying to set for the scanner:
https://myaccount.google.com/

Within the Sign-in & security section click on Signing in to Google and ensure that "2-Step Verification" is set as "Off".

Within the left pane click on Connected apps & sites and ensure that "Access for less secure apps" is set as "ON", otherwise the verification will fail.

Within the left pane click on Device activity & notifications, witin the 'Recent security events' section click the Review events link and ensure there are no blocked connection attempt (it will be highlighted in red) , if there is any alert follow the steps on screen to ensure there is no block for that device.

Now click the User initial circle at the top and Sign Out, then sign ink and ensure the settings has remain as selected, I could see many times lately where the settings aren't saved..

Once you are done run a test for the outgoing user profile and check if the problem been resolved.

Additionally, just to make sure:

And it still won't accept the email smpt.gmail.com

Please ensure you use smtp.gmail.com for teh SMTP server, for the mail and logon user be sure to write your full gmail address..

SMTP Server  - smtp.gmail.com

Port - 465 / 587

SSL/TLS - Checked

Email setup for outlook email user

SMTP Server: smtp-mail.outlook.com

SMTP Port: 587

Always Use secure connection SSL/TLS (checked)

Validate Server Certificate (UnChecked)

Maximum Size of Email: Unlimited

Server Requires Authentification (checked)

User name xxxx@hotmail.com

Password: hotmail account password

For mail server port issue you need to talk with your IT admin or ISP provider who will take your mail server.. .

Regards 

Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have trying following the exact steps below and check if that may help:

1. Click the network setting on the printer and locate its IP Address.
  2. Type that IP  from the browser on your PC to access its EWS page.
  3. Click the Scan tab.
  4. Under Scan to E-mail click Outgoing Email Profiles.
  5. Set the requirement info.
  6. Fill the mail settings as following:
    - smtp.gmail.com (demanding on your server and if required contact with your server admin) 
    - 465 (demanding on your server and if required contact with your server admin) 
  7. Check the box next to SSL
    - Check the box next to the SMTP Authentication option
    - Type your full gmail address as teh user name and type the gmail password.
  8. Click Save and Test but shows "The Test Was Unsuccessfull"

I have set connectivity following the steps below:

1. Click the Network tab.
  2. Under the active connection type section click IPv4 (Wired / Wireless).
  3. Keep the IP Address Configuration as exists, under the DNS Address Configuration check the box next to Manual DNS Server.
  4. Set the Preferred DNS as 8.8.8.8 (Demanding on your network )
  5. Set the Alternate DNS as 4.4.8.8 /8.8.4.4 (Demanding on your Network)

If you want to use gmail server

Please visit open the following link and ensure you are logged on to the same account as you are trying to set for the scanner:
https://myaccount.google.com/

Within the Sign-in & security section click on Signing in to Google and ensure that "2-Step Verification" is set as "Off".

Within the left pane click on Connected apps & sites and ensure that "Access for less secure apps" is set as "ON", otherwise the verification will fail.

Within the left pane click on Device activity & notifications, witin the 'Recent security events' section click the Review events link and ensure there are no blocked connection attempt (it will be highlighted in red) , if there is any alert follow the steps on screen to ensure there is no block for that device.

Now click the User initial circle at the top and Sign Out, then sign ink and ensure the settings has remain as selected, I could see many times lately where the settings aren't saved..

Once you are done run a test for the outgoing user profile and check if the problem been resolved.

Additionally, just to make sure:

And it still won't accept the email smpt.gmail.com

Please ensure you use smtp.gmail.com for teh SMTP server, for the mail and logon user be sure to write your full gmail address..

SMTP Server  - smtp.gmail.com

Port - 465 / 587

SSL/TLS - Checked

Email setup for outlook email user

SMTP Server: smtp-mail.outlook.com

SMTP Port: 587

Always Use secure connection SSL/TLS (checked)

Validate Server Certificate (UnChecked)

Maximum Size of Email: Unlimited

Server Requires Authentification (checked)

User name xxxx@hotmail.com

Password: hotmail account password

For mail server port issue you need to talk with your IT admin or ISP provider who will take your mail server.. .

Regards 

Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

Thanks Rasheddul.  Problem solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.