cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
LKing1982
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

will not show larger paper sizes

HP Recommended
hp officejet 7612 wide format
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my printer will only show smaller paper sizes.  

11 REPLIES 11
TheDoctor46
Level 2
Level 2
25 25 1 5
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for using the HP forum. Can you help to let us know what are the missing sizes that you are trying to select?

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy .
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
polite2u
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the SAME problem.  i need to print on Tabloid 11 x 17 but nothing over Legal shows up.  I also used to have a "Custom" choice but it is no longer there.  This is the first time I've have to use Tabloid since I purchased the computer but I purchased it so I would have the option to print on larger paper.  Please help ASAP!  i dont want to have to go to a print shop just to print this item.  thanks!

TheDoctor46
Level 2
Level 2
25 25 1 5
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would like to clarify if you are trying to select the sizes from the Windows driver paper size list or directly on the printer settings on the Printer control panel?

It will be helpful if you can state the PC/Mac OS version or any mobile device OS that you are trying to print from.

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy .
zhiqiang
Level 2
Level 2
31 31 0 4
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is because you choose wrong printer. 7612 is an OfficeJet printer which has Fax feature. When you install driver, there are two printer installed in your PC, One is Fax HP OfficeJet 7610 series and another is HP OfficeJet 7610 series. If you check printer and device, you are able to see both of them. When you print, you need select HP OfficeJet 7610 instead of Fax HP OfficeJet 7610. Unfortunately windows always show the printer in Alphebet order and Fax HP OfficeJet appears first. Do change it to the correct Printer and you definitely can choose bigger size. 

I am an HP employee. Let me know if this doesn't solve your problem. 

I am a HP employee.
polite2u
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried both.  It is not a selection in the drop down box to print.  I have followed older posts with trying to change the driver to HP 9800 and another one that starts with 6, but neither show up in my HP print drivers and the Windows update does not load any other drivers.  I am using a PC WIndows 10.

zhiqiang
Level 2
Level 2
31 31 0 4
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

where your driver is downloaded? Is it from 123.hp.com? If not, can you download from there and try again? I just downloaded and installed in my PC and it works for me. I am also using Windows 10. 

I am a HP employee.
polite2u
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you for your response but i have the correct printer checked.

polite2u
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

downloaded the driver and tried to install.  it fails bc it wont connect over my wireless connection. my wireless signal is strong and i can print to the printer using it so it is working but will not load this driver.  I dont have cables to hook it up and do it wired (that's why i wanted a wireless printer in the first place).  Now what?  My project is due tomorrow.  thanks in advance.

zhiqiang
Level 2
Level 2
31 31 0 4
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you checked the wireless LED in control panel? If it is connected to your wireless router, it should be solid blue light. If it is already, you can check and note down the IP address. If the wireless LED is blink, then you can follow the wireless setup wizard in the front panel to connect it to your router. 

After you have your wireless IP, you can set it up in your PC side. Go to "Devices and printers", choose add a network printer, via TCP IP . Follow the steps, you should be able to add it sucessfully. Sorry about the late response due to time difference. 

I am a HP employee.
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation