cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
brianpmitchell
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

wrong paper size

HP Recommended
designjet T2300

I have a T2300 with 36 inch paper installed and it is reading 35.9.  I have tried to install 3 different rolls.  Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
rasheddul
Level 7
634 609 35 85
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for contacting with HP Support Forum.

Please ensure your roll paper 36" and their required some margins for printing area. Please follow the below info.

Margins required:

(top x bottom x left x right)

roll: 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 mm (0.2 x 0.2 x 0.2 x 0.2 in) (borderless on photo papers)

Sheet: 5 x 16.75 x 5 x 5 mm (0.2 x 0.67 x 0.2 x 0.2 in)

Minimum line width 0.02 mm (0.0008 in) (HP-gl/2 addressable)

I hope that answers will support to concern adequately. Let me know! Good luck 

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Thanks,
Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
brianpmitchell
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where would I set those margins?  Thanks

rasheddul
Level 7
634 609 35 85
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

In your documents and that margins minimum requirements.

Regards

Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
Neversayyy
3 3 0 1
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also have a Designjet T2300 and Have 36" roll as #1 and 42" roll as #2, I can not for anything get to print on the 42" roll and noticed it shows it as 41.8" not sure if this is why I continue to send 30X42 to print on Roll #2 (42") but it keeps rotating to portrait and printing on the Rolll#1 (36") instead, very annoying, how do I change setting in the printer ploter to read roll as 42"

Roy_Kuzmich
Level 6
217 187 21 32
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is possible that the rolls are actually shorter than they are supposed to be and that they are measured correctly by the printer. If this is the case, then the printer will not print outside its margins and will switch rolls or rotate drawing.

Remove the roll and use a measuring tape to confirm the width.

If it is actually 36" or 42" then you will want to try a Line Sensor calibration, clean the encoder strip and run the Scan Axis Diagnostics.

Good Luck,

Roy K

Neversayyy
3 3 0 1
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Roy, thanks for the information, It is a little over my head, I know where encoder strip is but not sure what is safe for cleaning it, and sure where to find Line sensor calibration or Scan Axis Diagnostics, I do have Service person coming from place the plotter was purchased from, I think they have password protected the service menu on the printer, maybe I will just wait for them.

james_hic
Level 1
7 5 0 3
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I know this is an old thread but hopefully will help someone else someday. 

We had the same issue with a Z6200. Paper was reporting to driver settings as 35.85" when clearly it was 36" paper. Was causing all manner of rotation issues and paper waste. 

Tried cleaning the Encoder Strip, didn't work. Tried about every paper type available

1 day out of the blue when a roll finished i noticed that it printed out the info paper size 36" (910mm). Clearly 910mm is not 36" it is like 35.8268. 

I rechecked the plotter configuration and sure enough it was set to metric. Changed it to Imperial and the plotter started reporting 36" to the drivers on everyone's computer.  All was well.

Neversayyy
3 3 0 1
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I checked my settings, they are selected as English and not Metric, In my case the paper was actually 1/8" short, measuring only 35.875, (35 7/8"), and has occured since then several more times, and this is HP Brand Bright Bond Paper, which got sent back and reimbursed, must not have quality control like they use to.

james_hic
Level 1
7 5 0 3
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

just some more info. Turns out the metric/english settings weren't totally the culprit. After we swapped milar in then put the bonded roll back in the paper size went back to 35.9 inches. 

pulled the paper out and put a tape on it, it was short. We have actually been getting short paper for some time now. measured our inventory and all of it is short. Hoping to get it replaced. We had a couple of rolls of HP branded paper so measured those; they were spot on. Put them in the printer and it reported 36" again. 

Just check that paper size I guess is the lesson here.

Cheers.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation