cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
JS38
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

z3200 wrong colour

HP Recommended
z3200
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I get orange in print, instead of yellow. Last week it was ok. All calibrations and tests done. Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since orange is a mixture of yellow and red I would think you have a driver issue or something with the program you are using. You could do a print quality plot from the printer control panel to insure all printheads are functioning as they should. Generally there is an issue with the plotter when one of the printheads has issues of missing jets or not firing at all. That is not your issue since the color you are getting is a mixture from two printheads.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
JS38
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestion. I will reinstal the driver tomorrow. I printed tests from the machine itself and different PS and LR settings and yellow is still orange. 

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Refer to the link below if the colors are not printing right from the control panel of the printer.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-and-Digital-Press/Designjet-Z3100-Z320...

JS38
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did print a diagnostic print but instead of yellow, I still get pure orange. The other colours are ok. I reinstalled the comp driver, too. No change. Could it be, the yellow has never been ok? I know it sounds strange but I checked the prints we did, none of them with yellow.

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You may need to replace the yellow printhead and run the tests to make sure there is no contamination in your existing yellow printhead.

JS38
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The print head or the ink cartridge too? If I swap the head and the cartridge and everything stays the same, can I use the original ones later or not?

JS38
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could there be sth wrong with the yellow ink? It is the only wrong colour. If I try and get a new yellow cartridge and it stays the same, can I use the old one later too?

sandymclea
4 2 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Did you ever come right with your yellow that was coming out orange? I got the same issue, though mine more of a muddy gold.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation