Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
designjet z6800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

printer.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I got everything working and hooked to the network. resetting the hard drive and updating firmware was the answer. 

THANKS

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

sorry the pic isnt showing up. any help would be appreciatedprinter.jpg.

HP Recommended
  • Code: 24:10
  • Description:A broken bag has been detected in one of the Ink Cartridges
  • Remedy:• Press "Down" + "Cancel" to see which cartridges have a broken bag. Remove the affected cartridges, shake each one three times within 2 seconds through a distance of about 40 cm, and check whether the cartridge air tower is contaminated with ink. If at least one cartridge is contaminated, replace the Ink Supply Tubes and Trailing Cable Ink Supply Tubes and Trailing Cable. NOTE: If the Ink Supply Tubes are to be replaced, the Ink Cartridges need to be checked beforehand to see if they are capable of purging the new tubes. If they are not, new Ink Cartridges must also be sent with the parts to be replaced. To check the Ink Cartridges, see Check ink supplies. • If no cartridge seems contaminated, follow the broken bag recovery procedure for more information Recover broken bag.

See if you can download the service manual from the internet that covers the Z6200, Z6800.  They're basically the same machine.

If you don't see a leak around the cartridges or on the outside of the printer, this code can sometimes be reset by resetting the EPROM.  You'll need the service manual to do that though.  You may lose some info on the printer like how much ink you've used, how much paper, etc.  Just google "HP Designjet Z6200 Service Manual" and it should bring up a link to a free pdf version of the manual.  There is a diagnostics menu you can reach and the instructions are in the manual.  But you'll want to become familiar with the functions of each test before getting too far.  You can do that by reading the service manual.

I copied the above bolded info from the Z6800 manual but haven't found a link to a PDF to download the whole manual.  You might want to check a little more for that one.

Let us know how you get on.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

It says to replace the matte black and to purge the rest. I replaced the matte black and not sure how to purge. the error remains. I cannot start the printer

HP Recommended

Did you download the Service Manual?

HP Recommended

yes I downloaded the manual. I reset the eerom and updated the firmware. it started up and seems to be ok. now I am having issues finding it on my network. also how would you recommend installing this? I do not have a cd, so i have to download software from the site. when I tried adding a new printer windows gives me two options  z6800 and z6800ps. how do i know which to use?   

HP Recommended

Look at the front of your printer.  It should say which model you have.  It should also display the model on the screen when the printer is booting up.  Or it should come up when select the icon on the screen.

HP Recommended

I got everything working and hooked to the network. resetting the hard drive and updating firmware was the answer. 

THANKS

HP Recommended

Good to hear!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.