Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

After replacing a carriage belt, one of the required calibrations in the HP manual is "Line Sensor Calibration"  which the manual says is found in the Diagonstics menu in the "Service Calibrations Submenu."  Well, there is no such submenu. The firmware was updated earlier this evening, so it's not that. 

I've got some serious banding going on, so I'm wondering if the culprit can be found in the non-existence of that submenu.

Your input into this conundrum would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you broke the hateful little bushing it will definitely cause print quality problems .

I would say you would not believe how careful I am when working with that carriage but you would believe it

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Banding usually has more to do with your print quality settings then with any adjustment you need to make after replacing the carriage belt.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

HP Recommended
Some menus are only accessible after you enter a special key combination which can be found in the service manual.

HP Recommended

Thanks for you input.  I think the banding is a broken Rear Carriage Bushing (Q5669-60687), an astonishingly flimsy little 25 cent piece of plastic for which I've ordered a replacement from HP for $28.00 plus shipping.  I'll know tomorrow night. 

That said, being pointed toward a non-existent menu that HP insists I need to access to do the job right is, at best, frustrating. After that, troubleshooting gets less methodical and more of a guessing game.  I'm also less than extatic that they've completely discontinued support for this, the non-PS version of the 24" Z3200. I would even be willing to purchase support tickets, but I'm on my own.  

I've followed the manual scrupulously.  The missing menu is supposed to be a sub of the diagnostic menu, which I can access without a problem via the key combination the manual sets forth.

At the end of the day, it's an amazing printer, though-- assuming I can get it back up.    

HP Recommended

If you broke the hateful little bushing it will definitely cause print quality problems .

I would say you would not believe how careful I am when working with that carriage but you would believe it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.