Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Burrola
Level 1
15 12 0 0
Message 1 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't install DesignJet 650C with windows 8. Is that even possible?

DesignJet 650C
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi everyone.  I purchased DesignJet 650C from a very nice, older gentelmen and he assured me that it will work with Windows 8.  Well it doesn't.  It looks like HP doesn't offer a driver for Windows 8 so does that mean I am out of luck?  Thnak you for your help.

25 REPLIES 25
D Hook
Level 7
691 643 24 66
Message 2 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Lots of people are using the Vista or XP or 7 driver and having good luck.   Which driver are you using?

What do you mean when you say it doesn't work?

0 Kudos
Burrola
Level 1
15 12 0 0
Message 3 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well that's the problem.  I can't find driver for windows 8 so I am not using anything.  

When I say it's not working, I mean there is no driver so i can't get it installed so I can't get it to work. 

Is there a way around having windows 8?  can I install something else to windows 8 that will let me use the drivers available on HP site? Thank you

0 Kudos
D Hook
Level 7
691 643 24 66
Message 4 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The drivers might still be on the HP  website.  When they ask what operating system you're using, just enter Vista or XP 64bit.  

I don't think HP made a driver for that model past Vista but not certain.  

Post back if you can't find it.

0 Kudos
Burrola
Level 1
15 12 0 0
Message 5 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I went to the HP support and went through software and driver and once you change it to xp 64 it gives you a folder, pretending there is a download, but one you open it, there is no driver to download.  It just gives you instruction how to enter the info to find driver you need. lol. circles you right back.  if you are bored and feel like cheking it out the printer is DesignJet 650C and there are several options and you have to choose the one with just those numbers.  

I completely understand if you don't want to look.  Thank you very much for trying.  

0 Kudos
D Hook
Level 7
691 643 24 66
Message 6 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think I have a driver on my office computer that will work. I don't think I have a copy here at home but I'll look around.

0 Kudos
D Hook
Level 7
691 643 24 66
Message 7 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

By the way, have you tried "add a printer" in Windows 8?  It might have the driver for the 750C which will work with your 650C I believe.  Go to "Devices and Printers", go to "Add a Printer", select "HP" and it should bring you up a list of printers.

0 Kudos
D Hook
Level 7
691 643 24 66
Message 8 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You'll have to send me a PM with your email address.  I forgot HP doesn't allow personal info like email addresses to be posted.

0 Kudos
D Hook
Level 7
691 643 24 66
Message 9 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Found the driver.  PL532en is the file name.  Should work on Win 8 64bit.  Let me know by PM if you still need it and I can email it to you.

0 Kudos
Burrola
Level 1
15 12 0 0
Message 10 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi.  Yes I still need it.  I took our xp computer home last night, it was connected to another plotter and it would not connect to internet so I couldn't use it at all.  Actually it would say on it that it's connected but when I would try any websites, it would say that it couldn't open them.  anyways, my ex husband came over and managed to get it to do an update, which took about 3 hrs and after that the computer is connecting to internet and actually pulling up wedsites.  Once I got to the office, I tryed downloading the driver again, the guy I bought it from game me a disk but it would not show the driver folder for some reason, but today, it showed the driver and I was able to download it connect the printer to that computer. 

Now, it wont print test page.  I used troubleshooting and did the only two things they seggest : removed the driver and reinstalled it and made sute it's windows zp driver.  Still not prining.

I still would like to download it to the Windows 8 computer so if you can help me with that, I would really appreciate it.  My email is dburrola663@verizon.net.   Thank you

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation