Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z3200 24"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had a Z3200 non-postscript for a few years and never had a problem updating the firmware.  I just bought a second, identical unit (they're both Q6718A's). The firmware on the recent purchase is outdated (TR12-RB_11.0.0.3).  

I download the EXE file (TR12-RB_16_00_00-1_mvl40-x86-opt_B.exe), run it to unzip it, and in the web interface setup > update firmware try to point the software at the file TR12-RB_16_00_00-1_mvl40-x86-opt_B.fmw.  However, that file (and every other in the unzipped download) is greyed out and the software won't allow me to select it.  

I  double checked that I have the correct download for the Z3200 A-series.  

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You have to use the   utility  to update firmware.

download & install the utility.... run.... after it found the printer & click the printer..... support..... update  firmware..

browse.... your downloadded file.... wait.....if sucess, it will start by itself..... %%%   .

There are  revision A & B, download the right one.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You have to use the   utility  to update firmware.

download & install the utility.... run.... after it found the printer & click the printer..... support..... update  firmware..

browse.... your downloadded file.... wait.....if sucess, it will start by itself..... %%%   .

There are  revision A & B, download the right one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.